Welcome to Department of Information Technology
Keeping with the tradition of Anna University in offering new areas of specialization in engineering, the Department of Information Technology was instituted in the year 2001 with the objective of imparting knowledge in cutting-edge technologies in Information Technology and Computer Sciences.
The department is currently headed by Dr. Dhananjay Kumar, an educator and researcher himself. In the footsteps of the former Heads, the incumbent Head is further taking the department to reach newer heights. The department has a team of dynamic, young and dedicated staff, with specialization in wide array of areas. It offers full time and part time courses for both UG and PG. The department receives funds from DST under FIST programme.
All the members of TEAM IT share the belief that IT is a tool, if used effectively can improve the quality of all activities being carried out. As a first step, a project to automate all administrative activities has been taken up and the entire project is being done using the services of our department staffs. In the near future the department will have post Graduate course (other than MS By Research) offering curriculum in the field of Computer Science and Information Technology.
Department of Information Technology, MIT, thrives to accomplish its vision of developing dexterous and proficient students. Its progress is growing exponentially in contributing efficient and technically sound students to the corporate world.
“Imagination is more important than knowledge “ - Innovative ideas from student side are encouraged and support for implementation of the same offered by faculty members.
To educate students with conceptual knowledge and technical skills in the field of Information Technology with moral and ethical values to achieve excellence in an academic, industry and research centric environment.
- To inculcate in students a firm foundation in theory and practice of IT skills coupled with the thought process for disruptive innovation and research methodologies, to keep pace with emerging technologies.
- To provide a conducive environment for all academic, administrative, and interdisciplinary research activities using state-of-the-art technologies.
- To stimulate the growth of graduates and doctorates, who will enter the workforce as productive IT engineers, researchers, and entrepreneurs with necessary soft skills, and continue higher professional education with competence in the global market..
- To enable seamless collaboration with the IT industry and Government for consultancy and sponsored research.
- To cater to cross-cultural, multinational, and demographic diversity of students.
- To educate the students on the social, ethical, and moral values needed to make significant contributions to society.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
Virtuoso - The Departmental Magazine